Anyone can open a bookspot on Librize. All you need is a bookshelf that can be made public. Link to the Facebook page of your cafe, office or collaboration space and start running a bookspot!
How to Open a Bookspot
- Acquire a barcode reader and connect it to your Mac or PC.
- Sign up or log in to your Librize account!
Select the Facebook page that you operate and create a bookspot.
- Scan the barcodes printed on the back covers of your books.
Regular barcode readers can be used with Librize, but please note the following:
- A CCD type barcode reader with USB (or Bluetooth) support is required.
- Only the type of barcode reader that is recognized as a keyboard (HID) can be used. Barcode readers that require drivers likely will not work.
- Laser type barcode readers cannot scan the LCD screen on iPhones and Android phones. *To scan book barcodes, a laser type reader will work fine.
We have put together a list of barcode scanners that have been confirmed to work. Click here.
Note About Registering Books
- Adult-themed books cannot be registered.